The Novels

Economics 101, a Novel (Rough Draft) -- My first sustained attempt at a novel, two-thirds finished in rough draft, and heading a little too far south.
What would you do if you and your study partner, with whom you had been seriously discussing marriage, suddenly found yourselves all alone together on a desert island? Study economics?
Sociology 500, a Romance (Second Draft) -- The first book in the Economics 101 Trilogy.(On hold.)
Karel and Dan, former American football teammates and now graduate students, meet fellow graduate students Kristie and Bobbie, and the four form a steady study group.

Featured Post

Sociology 500, a Romance, ch 1 pt 1 -- Introducing Bobbie

TOC Well, let's meet Roberta Whitmer. Bobbie entered the anthropology department office and looked around. Near the receptionis...

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Backup: A Heathen in the Kingdom of Peace -- A Note from Jeremy

[JMR201908081727: Backup of https://joelrees-novels.blogspot.com/2019/07/heathen-in-kingdom-of-peace-note-from-jeremy.html]

I suppose you'll think it goes without saying. Still, the parallels between the Union of Independent States and your United States of Columbia -- No? Oh. Amerigo. America. Whatever. There are rather strong parallels, but they are not the same.

Xhilr is not your world.

There will be some who say the Kingdom of Peace is a proxy for some country on your Earth. For the sake of those who will cry Privacy! and Cultural Appropriation! -- It is not.

Springmoon and Mei had to think twice about it, but they decided we are far enough separated in spacetime that, by the point at which the privacy issues might matter, neither you nor we will have any reason to care that they are mentioned on your world. Hailey doesn't speak to me, but, when she last did, she told me she didn't believe in my fantasy worlds. I don't think her husband does either.

Names are at best approximately symbolic anyway. You would not recognize the actual name, in either the language of the Fishers (my language) or the language of the People of the Dawn (Springmoon and Mei's).

Of necessity, I borrow Joel's voice. I trust his translation. And since I have no use for money or other legal instruments from Earth, I assign Joel the copyrights in your world. I trust him not to play intellectual property games with them.

[I've got a handle the part about intellectual property games. Let's hope I get close on the translation -- Joel.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it on topic, and be patient with the moderator. I have other things to do, too, you know.