The Novels

Economics 101, a Novel (Rough Draft) -- My first sustained attempt at a novel, two-thirds finished in rough draft, and heading a little too far south.
What would you do if you and your study partner, with whom you had been seriously discussing marriage, suddenly found yourselves all alone together on a desert island? Study economics?
Sociology 500, a Romance (Second Draft) -- The first book in the Economics 101 Trilogy.(On hold.)
Karel and Dan, former American football teammates and now graduate students, meet fellow graduate students Kristie and Bobbie, and the four form a steady study group.

Featured Post

Sociology 500, a Romance, ch 1 pt 1 -- Introducing Bobbie

TOC Well, let's meet Roberta Whitmer. Bobbie entered the anthropology department office and looked around. Near the receptionis...

Monday, August 17, 2020

[Backup] PHR: Pink Heels and Rusty -- Title Page and Table of Contents

Backup of https://joelrees-novels.blogspot.com/2020/08/phr-title-toc-pink-heels-and-rusty.html.


Pink Heels and Rusty

by Joel Matthew Rees,
Amagasaki, Japan, October 2017
Copyright 2017 Joel Matthew Rees. 
All rights reserved.

  1. Paperboy
  2. UDP Packets
  3. Invitation
  4. Swimmingly
  5. Deeper Water
  6. New School

Author's note (17 August 2020):

This is derived from a pseudo-flash fiction piece I wrote from a writing prompt that Jenny Flake Rabe posted in the LDS Beta Readers group on Facebook (https://joels-random-eikaiwa.blogspot.com/2017/10/pink-heels-and-rusty.html).

I started writing the rest of the story  just before I ran into an open car door on my bicycle, sheering a couple of ribs and shattering my elbow. The accident and the recovery afterwards effectively hid the plot and the world it takes place in from me. (I could read my notes, but I couldn't immerse myself in them deeply enough to continue.)

Other things take priority now, for reasons I don't have time to delineate. I don't know when I might have the spare time, budget, and energy to rebuild the world and the plot and finish it, but I decided to put the chapters I had up in my novels blog anyway.

If you think it's interesting, leave me a note. If enough people like it, I'll see if I can shift some things around, but no promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it on topic, and be patient with the moderator. I have other things to do, too, you know.